MYXTRY (short for 'My Extra Eye') is a system designed by VisLab to detect moving targets within sensible areas. The system can be applied to a wide range of scenarios and it is highly customizable depending on the final customer needs.
Download the product brochure
Download the product brochure
The data processing is done on a PC connected to the camera; the output can be managed via dedicated devices connected to the PC (such as a display to show the target speed) or with a web-based user interface.
TargetsMYXTRY was designed to detect different types of moving targets, including vehicles, pedestrians, cycles, boats, animals, planes, skiers, etc.
GatesBesides being possible to define the monitored area with a completely custom shape, virtual gates can also be defined; custom actions are associated with virtual gates crossing, such as targets counting and pictures or video recording. Gates may be oriented in arbitrary directions in the scene, in order to simultaneously monitor different traffic flows.
MapDetected targets together with virtual gates are displayed on a georeferenced map for manual analysis. The map also features graphical representations of statistics, such as frequencies or speeds.
Live imagesFor additional monitoring purposes, recognized targets are also highlighted directly on the acquired image.
RecordingImages of targets, including statistics on their motion, can be recorded according to different policies, such as:
- crossing of a virtual gate
- exceeding of a speed threshold
- entering of a non-authorized area
StatisticsStatistics are collected when the system is operational and made available in multiple formats. Statistics are also rendered in graphical form on maps for a quick behavior analysis: specific graphical outputs have been conceived to summarize multiple statistics and make it possible to devise unusual events with a simple glimpse. Custom charts can also be generated on the fly according to specific needs.
Web interfaceProcessing results as well as numerical and graphical statistics can be accessed through the integrated web server or, in case of multiple installations, by connecting to the high-level control center. Live images are also available via web, which also provides various facilities including recording capabilities and downloading of raw data for custom aggregations.
PluginsMYXTRY's open architecture supports the inclusion of additional and custom plugins. Currently available plugins include:
- Real-time recalibration: the system conntects to external services which provide additional data (such as tide levels in waterways monitoring applications).
- Special outputs: the system supports customized output devices (such as info panels for speed display) or connection to raw data for local data management or further processing.
- PC: Intel Core i7 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 2 Network Interface Cards
- Supported cameras: AVT Prosilica GC. The support for different cameras is available on demand
- Optics: fixed focal from 4 to 16mm, horizontal field of view with 1/3" sensor: from 60 to 17 degrees
- Browser connection through https protocol
- Live image, bird-eye view, target local statistics
- Video: mpeg2, mpeg4, xvid, divix, raw (uncompressed)
- Image formats: jpg, png, tiff, pnm
- Database: recoding of trajectory points for all targets, estimated size, speed, and timestamp
- Gates: target id, timestamp, and crossing direction
- A single control center for managing different MYXTRY installations through network connection
- Joint views and statistics